It is one of the activities that I wished to do for so long. Finally got around doing it. I have lot to share about this activity as it took five to six days to complete. I dedicated atleast two hours everyday, I think.
I purchased this activity back in India via Amazon app. There are several paintings that are available, of which I found this “Lion” painting super attractive and colorful. I bought it back with me to Sweden. It was a very small packet with folded canvas, acrylic colors and paint brushes. So I ironed the canvas carefully when I finally decided to commence painting on it.
Things I learnt while painting my very first paint by numbers:
- It takes lot more time than you have imagined
- There are several and extremely small compartments with small numbers. It may take three/ four rounds of same color being opened and painted around because you end up missing small numbers.
- The color bottles may seem small but are enough
- There will be lot of washing the brush, drying it, and inserting it in next paint
- No need of water or any other liquid for thinning the paints
- Not all colors had good spreadable consistency- two or three will be difficult.
- Paint the dark colors first , gives good contrast and light colors may turn dirty while you paint the darker colours later.
- Paint two or three colors at a time, let them dry.
- Preferably select colors which are not close to each other
- Patience and perseverence will help you finish the painting.
You will be proud of the outcome!!
Go ahead, paint atleast one paint by numbers this year!!
I have framed the painting once it was dry and now eagerly waiting for it to be hanged on the wall!! 🙂
This Paint by numbers is of the year 2022
Leave a Reply